Does your startup or scale-up have a solution that reduces food waste or (re)uses food waste streams? Are you looking for an opportunity to boost your company? Pitch your solution and get access to new markets, clients, strategic partners, expertise network and funding opportunities!
LET'S MAKE PACKAGING MORE SUSTAINABLE
On average each person opens around 7 packages a day, resulting in the production of lots of garbage from food packaging. The societal pressure to reduce plastic use and to increase recycling grows. This is a huge challenge for the food (packaging) industry. Especially because food quality and safety are very important as well as minimizing food waste and contamination. All of these factors make it an even greater challenge to reduce packaging waste in a highly price-competitive industry.
OPEN CALL: LOOKING FOR STARTUPS, SCALE-UPS AND SMEs!
Together with leading food and packaging companies we are looking for startups, scale-ups and innovative SMEs with new solutions and products. Solutions that can contribute to less packaging waste, more sustainable packaging, innovative services or technologies to recycle packaging waste or to come up with less polluting alternatives to make food packaging more sustainable.
The purpose of the open call is to discover and select the best solutions of startups and scale-ups and to connect them with leading food (packaging) companies. By partnering up, sharing knowledge and expertise, access to markets and networks, access to funding and more, we help you to accelerate your venture.
ABOUT BRAVE NEW FOOD
Brave New Food
is an open innovation platform to discover and accelerate next generation food solutions. Through our innovations challenges we select the best startups and scale-ups and help them to accelerate, by connecting them to leading food companies to partner up, sharing knowledge and network, and providing them with funding to scale.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Pitch your company and solutions to leading food and retail companies.
- Be invited for 1:1 interviews during our matchmaking event with one or more leading food companies (or investors) interested in your product or solution.
- Create new opportunities to collaborate with leading food companies to test and proof your solutions, or even better, a strategic partnership, to produce, scale or distribute your products.
- Funding opportunities up to €1.000.000,-.
- (Circular) Materials: alternative or improved material, better degradable materials to replace less sustainable forms of packaging or reduce the use and waste of packaging materials, and improve the (re)use of (alternative) resources.
- New Packaging concepts: production and packaging technologies or solutions that enhance material efficiency and minimize the use of (plastic) packaging and its resources.
- Logistics and distribution: platforms, market places, services and concepts to collect waste more efficiently, enhance reuse of otherwise wasted materials or alternative ways to distribute food with less packaging.
- Recycling Technologies and Concepts: new recycling technologies, circular production methods, recycling processes, waste processing or other approaches that improve recycling or reuse of packaging.
- Retail or foodservice concepts that make packaging obsolete.
- Consumer Behavior: products, tools or services that enable consumers to choose for more sustainable packaging and better recycling behaviour.
- Wildcard: any solutions we did not think about, but you did. Anything.
Does your startup or scale-up have a food solution within one of these categories?
Take this opportunity and pitch your solution!
To increase the chance of being selected by one of more companies for the matchmaking event, we advise you to come up with a professional and neat looking pitch deck (max 6 pages / 18 slides) which includes:
- A description of your product or solution (max 3 pages / 9 slides): give a short description of your product or solution, as detailed and visual as possible. Also describe what specific problem you solve with your solution or product and to who this applies.
- A description of your company & team (max 1 page / 3 slides): how and when was your company founded? In which phase are you? How many people? In which market are you active? Also a short description of the (managing) team.
- A description of your ambitions to grow and your needs (max 2 pages / 6 slides): give a short description of your growth ambitions. Where do you want to be in 3 years? What do you need to get there? Tell us what kind of support and expertise (market, distribution, partners, funding) you are looking for.
The pitch may be submitted in free form (presentation, slide deck, letter form), but must be uploaded as a PDF file (landscape or portrait A4 - max 30MB). Videos, example websites, etc. can be included as a link.
Pitches in Dutch are allowed, but English is strongly recommended and preferred.
Upload your pitch.
Your pitch will be evaluated on the following aspects:
- Feasibility fit: how your product/proposition/solution can be further developed, deployed and commercialised.
- Impact: the potential for your product/proposition to have a large impact (through solution-problem-fit) and scaling potential.
- Team: the knowledge, experience, diversity and network of your team.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tuesday November 24, 2020: launch Open Call
- Tuesday February 16, 2021 at 17.00: deadline Open Call
- February 17 - March 8, 2021: selection by the participating food companies & investors
- March 8- 12, 2021: announcement & invites matchmaking event
- Thursday March 25, 2021: (online) matchmaking event
- Q2 2021 onwards: discuss and start collaboration
- Participation is open for startups, scale-ups, SME’s, grown-ups, innovators and scientists with an innovative product and/or technology.
- You will remain the owner of your intellectual rights, concept or solution in your pitch, until you agree otherwise.
- We strongly advise you to document everything you share with others and mention that information provided is confidential and intellectual property rights remain with you/ your company until agreed otherwise.
- Be aware of the fact that your pitch will be viewed by industry professionals and (concepts and ideas in it) may be shared with others. Keep IP sensitive unique (technical) details out of your pitch, keep it a secret that you can share later.
- Download Terms & Conditions